Tuesday 3 February 2009

And then it snows...


I was just about getting back to normal after a difficult couple of weeks, then the snow came. Matthew's school is closed today (I can't understand why when the weather isn't half as bad as it was yesterday), so things aren't quite as peaceful here as they should be! I haven't got any transport today (the handbrake on Nige's car froze, so he's had to borrow mine), so there's no excuse not to sit at the PC and work!

Still, I'm plodding on with proofreading the stories for Issue 2 of The Yellow Room Magazine. It was trickier choosing the stories for this issue, as I had so many about mothers! I hadn't realised when accepting the stories in the first instance that I had so many on a similar theme.

I have another large batch of submissions to read, which I'm slowly getting round to. Please be patient if you've sent off a story and not heard anything.

As for my own writing, oh dear! I haven't written anything for over a week. I'm so cross with myself, as I was going great guns at the beginning of January. I've promised myself that I'll devote this week to The Yellow Room, then I'll crack on with those short stories.

2 comments:

Oldrightie said...

Don't beat yourself up, genetics play a part! Procrastination is an absolute talented art form for me! I might even be world champion.

Penny A said...

Still enjoying Yellow Room 1 here! Sometimes the only thing to do is to set the timer ticking and 'give' yourself an hour of writing. Difficult, I know! But it's nice later on when the bell pings and you fail to hear it....