Thursday 26 June 2008

A Country Walk

Today was lovely and sunny here again. I dashed off to the Farmers' Market here in Rugby first thing, then out again at 11am to meet two new friends for a long country walk. I met them on the Woman and Home Forum and we decided to set up a walking group in Rugby. We started off at the Blue Lias pub near Long Itchington and walked along the canal tow path, past a series of locks, then over the road bridge and onto a series of footpaths, which took us across fields and down farm tracks. It was wonderful. Boy, did I feel good afterwards. The walk took about an hour and a half and was five and three quarter miles long. And no, we didn't stop at the pub afterwards. We were good girls and came straight home!

I do find being out and about so inspiring. I had lots of ideas for my writing. I also found a lovely delicate little red wild flower, which I picked and brought home, as I didn't know what it was and wanted to look up. I know I'll use it in a piece of writing in the near future. There was also a little wood with two very old kissing gates on the path, which I'll use in a story. It was like going back in time.

I haven't done much in the way of typesetting today. Megan had a friend to tea after school (the second time this week), so I was in demand! The girls played nicely on the whole, but I had to scrabble around in her bedroom for dressing up outfits, then in the shed for the play tent and so it went on. I did nip on the PC while their tea was cooking and tried to transfer a story into Publisher, but it was fraught with problems. I was just a bit too tired and distracted probably. It will just have to wait until tomorrow.

I'm tired now (8.10pm) and relieved I don't have to go out and water the garden as it's raining. Looking forward to a couple of glasses of wine once the children are in bed and a chance to read in peace as hubby is at band practice. This is the life!

No comments: