Tuesday 24 May 2011

Website updated!

I've spent far too much time fiddling around with The Yellow Room website this morning. I have updated the competitions page and the news page. I've also added a 'Back Issues' page. You can now buy previous issues as back issues for £4. There is also a Paypal button to pay online for both the back issues and the competition entries.
The Paypal buttons can be a bit of a headache, but I finally got there. I was getting more and more frustrated at the time it was taking, as I really wanted to press on with my writing.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned in previous blogs that I'm writing a novella set during the Blitz. It's a romance, basically, and I'm hoping to target My Weekly Pocket Novels. It is an exercise in pressing on to the end and satisfying my craving for writing something historical.

I've had a bit of a break from my main novel, but printed off a chapter to read through yesterday. I hope this will reignite the fire and I'll be able to press on with this, too!

Issue 6 of The Yellow Room is currently with the typesetter, and I hope to send the magazines out in June. I'm going to spend part of today reading the shortlisted entries in The Yellow Room Spring Competition and hope to have the final three stories sorted by the end of the week.

My 16-year-old son is taking his English Literature GCSE exam as I write. I just hope he's doing well. He seemed to think he didn't have to do much revision for this one. What is it with boys?

3 comments:

Oldrightie said...

Good luck to you and the lad!

Anonymous said...

Always the way with teenage boys. I have three brothers and to take GCSE's during this time in their lives is a terrrrrrible idea. They should give them a few years or even do them earlier!

Talli Roland said...

Good luck to your son! Hope he did well.